[cisco-voip] VPIM to 3rd party UM

ipt voiptime at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 17:03:24 EDT 2008

We have Cisco Unity 4.2(1) at corporate, and an another system configured
for it's flavor UM at a remote site (same Exchange org company wide).  We
were hoping to connect them with VPIM, but the Cisco VPIM requirements doc
says:

"The remote voice messaging system(s) with which Cisco Unity will be
networked cannot be in the same Exchange organization as the Cisco Unity
server."

I guess the answer here is clear that I can't use VPIM in my case...just
wondering if anyone happens to know any details about what the conflict(s)
are.

Thanks!