[cisco-voip] fax over ip, great for receiving, how about sending?

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Fri Apr 25 08:31:39 EDT 2008

We typically use MFPs, and their scan-to-email functionality. It's not
as convenient as a simple fax machine, but it works.

With shared faxes with one number (I'm not sure if I've got your
question right) we usually direct incoming faxes to either a generic
email address (like office at corporate.com) or better to an email alias,
that will forward the incoming fax to a few people.

The fax server solution we use/sell can set the callerid to either the
number assigned to a user based on the sender's email address, or I can
force all faxes to exit the server with a single callerID.

Also, there's sometimes a fax machine left alone on a single POTS line
from the telco.

regards,
  Zoltan