[cisco-voip] problem in Cisco Agent Desktop - agents stays in out of service state - aparently with no reason at all

Pedro Nogueira pedro.nogueira at sicnet.pt
Mon Aug 4 11:45:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm asking for help to resolve a problem with Cisco Agent Desktop, that
in an instalation with many agents, in wich 2 agents have problems given
the error "the agent extension is out of service" - this error happens
apparently with no reason at all, if we "ping" from the PC attached to
the phone (7911) that gives the error, he successfully ping it, when we
look at the services running in the PC, their all seem to be working
fine, running, as the application ports, that are all being used
exclusively by the Cisco Agent Desktop; I already deleted the 2 users,
the 2 phones and the device profiles (since they all use extension
mobility), restarted the server and created the users again, the phones,
and the device profiles. The result was exactly the same, since
sometimes, this 2 users keep loosing connectivity.

Does anyone has any ideas / suggestions about this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,

Pedro