[cisco-voip] CUPS

Aman Chugh aman.chugh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:04:58 EDT 2008

Presence client needs an LDAP directory to pull users and search users, I
had created an Ldap profile on CUPS for it which was pointing to my Unity
server running AD, and then in CUCM I was using Callmanager embedded
directory users which were associated with the primary extensions. So
presence didnt work, When I enabled ldap sync on my Callmanager with my
unity server, both were using the same ldap and presence started to work.

I didnt test if I could create a LDAP profile on CUPS and point it to CUCM
and then use CUCM directory as I believe that CUCM 6 does not have a
directory and everything goes into Informix and it would not have worked.

Hope this helps.

Aman