[cisco-voip] 7931

Frazee, Timothy Timothy_Frazee at adp.com
Wed Aug 6 23:17:46 EDT 2008

Sarah,

Most of the features that the 7931 need to make it worthwhile are not
available till 6.0. (Soft-keys as Line Appearances, Speed dial busy
lamps, pickup group busy lamp, intercom, etc.)

The only advantage of a '31 on 4.x would be a cheap
receptionist/operator/parts department type of phone. (7911 with a 7914
sidecar builtin)

The latest device pack for 4.3 shows no firmware load for the 7931. Even
if it did, callmanager would have to recognize the device type. (which
would likely take a sr)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/18325/ciscocm.4-3-1-DevPack-
22_readme.html#_Toc185235172

Firmware Versions

Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package 4.3.1(22.0) includes the
following firmware versions:

Firmware

4.3(1)Devpack 22

IP Phone 7960

P00308000800

IP Phone 7940

P00308000800

IP Phone 7920

CMTERM_7920.4.0-03-02

IP Phone 7921g

CP7921G-1.1.1

IP Phone 7935

P00503021700

IP Phone 7936

cmterm_7936.3-3-14-0

IP Phone 7937

apps37sccp.1-1-1-1

IP Phone 7911

SCCP11.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7941

SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7942

SCCP42.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7962

SCCP42.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7945

SCCP45.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7965

SCCP45.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7970

SCCP70.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7941GE

SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7961

SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7961GE

SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7906G

SCCP11.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7971

SCCP70.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7975

SCCP75.8-3-4SR1S

IP Phone 7905g

CP7905080003SCCP070409A

IP Phone 7912g

CP7912080003SCCP070409A

IP Phone 7985

cmterm_7985.4-1-5-0

7914 Button Extension Module

S00105000300

Digital Access WS-X6608

D00404000031 / D0054322

Conference Bridge WS-X6608

C00104000002 / C002E031

Media Termination Point WS-X6608

M00104000005 / M002E031

The latest device pack for 4.2 (46.0) also doesn't contain any firmware
for the phone as well.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, it doesn't really matter if the
compatibly chart says its possible, if there is no firmware or device
type for it, then it won't work. But you knew that....

I might have found the doc you found..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.ht
ml#wp1614753

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version

Firmware Version

6.1(2)

6.1(1b)

6.0(1b)