[cisco-voip] CM stable @ 6.1.2.1106?

Steve G smgustafson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 19:22:24 EDT 2008

My first install with CM6 is on Business Edition running 6.1.1.3000-2.  My
BAT experience was very painful.  I first attempted to insert phones with
users with 1 DN and 1 Intercom.  It would not let me insert the default
activated device on the intercom line.  The syntax is SEP<mac address> but
it does not recognize the device name as it is not valid.  I also could not
insert the owner userid of the phone because it to was not valid.  I also
could not insert the primary user device for mobility.  so, inserting phones
with users is something that really needs to be tested and fixed in my
opinion.  I went back to the old way of importing phones/users with just the
user ID and the DN.  that seemed to work as long as you didn't use any of
the new fields.  So I wanted to add 1 intercom using the "add intercom" tab
in the bat.xls spreadsheet.  It was great except it did not have a field for
the intercom default activated device, which is mandatory.  so once the
phones were in I ended up creating a new spreadsheet for just phones, and
imported the same fields for my DN and Intercom and this time it all seemed
to import, except it deleted the device association of my users.  I spent
WAY too much time on this ordeal.  I was running in circles, so I got to a
point where I started updating 100 phones and users by hand.  That took me
an afternoon to get everything right but I figured I would have been messing
with BAT for much longer.
Steve