[cisco-voip] CME on 2811

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 09:50:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

Which country is this for? is it basic-net3 switch type?

>From the router point of view, maintaining layer 1 and 2 connectivity either
with CME or CUCM should be the same.
Your using H323, so its not like your backhauling the signalling to CCM with
MGCP

I would check that you used exactly the same config on the interface BRI and
voice-port
The only thing that should change is you will be adding a dial peer to talk
to CallManager.

Is there only 1 single device (your BRI interface on the router) plugged
into the ISDN line?

If you have a lot of activity - plugging in, changing configs etc, the ISDN
switch can respond to this in funny ways. I.e. lock up the port on the telco
side. You may need to sort out your final config, shut / no shut. Then give
them a call, and get them to reset from their end.
Also might need to check their config - should probably be point to point
and permanent. (different telcos call these different things)
1st setting is related to whether you have multiple devices on the ISDN
line.
2nd setting is the one that decides whether layer 2 is always active, or if
it only comes up on an inbound call.

May be worth posting your 2 configs so we can take a look.

Cheers,

Tim.