[cisco-voip] CRS ES Patch update - Question

Micah Bennett mbennett at als-xtn.com
Thu Aug 14 15:15:17 EDT 2008

Hello All

Running CRS 4.05

A few months ago I installed the SR2 Patch for CRS 4.05.  After I did
this, I had to go around and update the Cisco Agent Desktop software on
all the call center client PCs because those users do not have admin
rights to install software and they could not do the update under their
network login.  Everything still worked properly on the stations that
were delayed in getting the update, so my guess is that the update to
the CAD was fairly transparent.  It did cause an entry of -Desktop SR 2-
to show up in Add/Remove programs.

I am getting ready to install an ES patch to SR2 for a bug fix.  I was
wondering if this is going to cause another update to the CAD software.
Last time was a bit of a surprise and although it was not service
impacting, a few people on the call center side were alarmed when it was
different the next day.  I just want to be prepared this time if we are
going to have to do an update again.

Micah Bennett
Telecommunications Admin
Automated License Systems