[cisco-voip] CRS ES Patch update - Question

Micah Bennett mbennett at als-xtn.com
Thu Aug 14 16:24:57 EDT 2008

Thanks for the information.  I don't have the experience or the
knowledge to question your statement, but I don't find any mention of a
requirement that PC users have local admin rights if they are going to
use the CAD application, either in the Release notes or the Install
guide.  It is totally possible that I missed it, but a search on "Admin,
Rights, or Requirements" shows nothing other than the OS information
needed on the client machine.

We have been on IPCC express using CAD for a year, with none of the
issues you mentioned.  We have two 50 seat call centers and are staffed
24x7x365 with at least two different agents using the same desk on
different shifts during the day.  None of our call center agents have
local admin rights on any machine.  In fact, the client machines for the
call center agents are about as locked down as they can get.  Our silent
monitoring works fine and the failover for our HA CRS environment has
worked flawlessly when we have needed it.

I have even had a few CAD issues where I opened a TAC case, and they
have never asked if the agent in question has local admin rights on the
machine.  Ill keep my fingers crossed that the ES does not generate a
CAD update, but Ill be prepared if it does.

Thanks. Micah

  _____