[cisco-voip] DeviceInitTimerPop

Keith Klevenski keith.klevenski at rig.net
Fri Aug 15 12:13:32 EDT 2008

I was fortunate enough to be greeted by the following errors in the
event log on both servers last night after simply rebooting our 4.1.3
cluster:

Event Type:      Error

Event Source:   Cisco CallManager

Event Category:            None

Event ID:          3

Date:                8/14/2008

Time:                10:57:31 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         HOUCM01

Error: DeviceInitTimerPop - Device Initialization timer has expired.

  Timer Value in seconds: 360

  App ID: Cisco CallManager

  Cluster ID: US-HOU-CL01

  Node ID: x.x.x.x

Explanation: The Device Initialization process has taken longer than
expected to initialize.  The system configuration is larger and/or more
complex than expected, or an error has been encountered.

Recommended Action: Try increasing the "Device Initialization Timer"
value in the CallManager Service Parameters administration page in 50%
multiples of the suggested default value.

*Note: This parameter is cluster-wide.  Setting this parameter will
effect each call processing server within the cluster on the next
service restart.

If the system does not successfully initialize by increasing this
parameter parameter to the maximum value, contact Cisco TAC support
immediately..

And this gem of an error: