[cisco-voip] H.323 vs MGCP

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:31:01 EDT 2008

Digit manipulation is a big reason to stay with H323.  But I also understand
ease of use.  Going from H323 to MGCP is a whole lot easier then the other
way around.

Quite frankly I would problably just wipe it and then load the MGCP config
and configure it in CCM.  Shouldn't take more then a erase reload and maybe
10 minutes if you had to hand enter all the commands.

Dont forget to repoint all your RPs to the new gw or MRL

Scott