[cisco-voip] Use of MTP for H.323 Gateway

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Aug 20 11:37:17 EDT 2008

I'm curious why products like UCCX or Unity can't do codec negotiation?
Is it a roadmap to add?

Microsoft RTA/RTV or Skype can change bandwidth, react to conditions
without re-installing the products.

I'm thinking for lan users use wideband, for wan users with packet loss
use iLBC, for wan users without loss use G729a, etc.

Will this capability be around 10 years from now?