[cisco-voip] Use of MTP for H.323 Gateway

Aman Chugh aman.chugh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:59:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for replying, yes you are correct it is trying to use G711 , I got
this resolved by creating a trancoder on the voice gateway and using it for
the call.

I dont want to repeat this and want to undertand this so in future
installations this is not repeated.

1.  Yes UCCX was installed only with G.711 codec, Can UCCX be installed with
both G711 and G.729 prompts during the intial installation , what is the
best practice where we have centralized UCCX and remote agents over the wan
with G.729.

2.  If my gateway was MGCP would I still need a transcoder for this Call
Flow.

Thanks again.

Aman