[cisco-voip] CM with GK Design

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Thu Aug 21 22:12:17 EDT 2008

Kind of a theoretical design question here. I'm interested in the wisdom
of the masses here.

New CallManager Deployment

*         2 GWs at HQ

*         15 remote sites

Requirements

*         SRST at all locations, requires H323 configurations at each
site

*         In SRST mode, all locations should be able to dial all other
locations via 4-digit

*         Toll bypass Tail End Hop Off (each site is in a different area
code)

Since SRST is required everywhere might as well have H323 gateways for
each site. TEHO would normally require complex dial-plan on CallManager.
So I'm thinking H323 Gatekeeper would make this configuration much
easier. My questions center around the CallManager Dial Plan and its
interaction with Gatekeeper.

Here is what I am thinking for the CM Dial-Plan Deployment

*	I will create a H323 Gatekeeper/Gateway network
*	CallManager Trunk/GK to the GK network
*	Site specific 911 PT and route patterns pointing to local GWs
(RL, RG, H323-GW)
*	Site specific 7-digit route patterns normalized to 10-digit (RL,
RG, GK)
*	General 11-digit (Toll Free and LD) (RL, RG, GK)

Questions

*	Should I create a CallManager GK/Trunk to the gatekeeper
*	Should CallManager Dial-Plan point to GK/Trunk (RP, RL, RG-GK)
*	Should CallManager Dial-Plan point to GK/Trunk the H323 Gateways
for redundancy (RP, RL, RG-GK/RG-H323
*	Basically, could my CM dial-plan consist of site-specific 911
patterns and Local and LD patterns point to GK

I look forward to the discussion... J