[cisco-voip] Urgent Priority on Translation Patterns

William Roy William.Roy at l7.com.au
Fri Aug 22 07:49:44 EDT 2008

NEC will only ever dial 4 digit.

Cisco may dial either 4 or 5 for either a NEC phone or another Cisco phone. Both the 4 and 5 digits are based on the last digits of the DID number. An example of Cisco extension is:

66005

An NEC phone will dial 6005 a Cisco phone could potentially dial either 66005 or 6005.

There are access codes in place - however as the users are so entrenched in dialling 4 digits they won't always be used. The migration from the NEC is going to be gradual and over many months.

This might sound crazy but is there any way for CUCM server to point a SIP trunk at itself, then send a 4 digit route pattern out it and translate it to 5 digits inbound?

Regards

Wil