[cisco-voip] Urgent Priority on Translation Patterns

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 05:56:02 EDT 2008

Hi Wil,

 Dummy probably wont help here.. I was thinking more for blocking and class
of restriction use.

What number ranges are you using here.. what are the overlaps?
Are you just adding a digit to existing numbers to make them 5 digits - or
is it a new range?

You want it so that...
NEC users can dial either 4 or 5 digits?
Cisco users can dial either 4 digits (for NEC extensions) or 5 digits (for
cisco)?

You should probably just add an access code to the old 4 digit extensions
from Cisco > NEC..
Sure it is a change.. but they are changing anyway.

Depending on overlaps.. temporarily might be able to use a ! for your route
pattern, and reduce Interdigit timer
This should let you match 5 digit extensions on Cisco, or 4 digits on NEC
It wont let you match 4 digits on Cisco though.. not sure if you want that.
Also depends how long it will be in place..

Cheers,

Tim