[cisco-voip] CCM 4.x Upgrade path consideration - 5x/6x or 7x

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:55:18 EDT 2008

5.x just got EoS'd
6.1 is kind of where people are currently moving to.  It's had time to work
out a majority of the bugs.  it also has a inactive partition for upgrade
(single biggest reason I'm upgrading).  Due to upgrade paths it is nice to
stay somewhat current with what cisco is doing so when it does come time to
upgrade your not having to do 2 or three upgrade versions at the same time.

7.0 is too new.......  I have got burned on dot 0 code to many times......
and a 23 hour upgrade is not my idea of a good time.

I think if you choose to move 6.1 is probably a save bet.

But like someone else stated, somethimes it not worth the upgrade.  look for
the reason why you want to upgrade and make the decision.

my 2 cents

Scott