[cisco-voip] Call Forward ALL Keeps reverting to Orignal User

Mike Lydick mike.lydick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 18:27:21 EDT 2008

You will need to use a CTI-RP. Have the user cfato the CTI-RP DN. Have the
CTI-RP cfa vm pilot dn (do not check the vm box). Set Unity Route Rule to
match the CTI-RP DN and transfer to the Callhander. User can take CFA off
from ccmuser.

Extra effort set up time of day routing partitions for the CTI-DN (just
kidding).

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Matthew J. Hughes <mattjhughes at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their ideas.. I am aware that this is the normal way
> CFA to VM should work, and if i were to change this advanced option it would
> fix one problem but break alot more.  I am interested in the idea of setting
> up a routing rule, but dont know where to begin with that.  Also the user
> who needs this wants to be able to turn this on and off via the ccmuser
> page.   So new question would be  what can I do to strip out the initial
> Calling DN and repace it with the DN of the CTI route point that matches the
> Calling Tree extension??   The horably dirty way would be to send it out the
> gateway and back in, but is there a way using a routing rule?  Thanks agian
> for help.
>

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 6:34 AM, Mike Lydick <mike.lydick at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Set up a routing rule for forwarded calls from the forwarding extension.
>> This rule should redirect to the callhandler.
>>

>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:15:50 -0700
>>> From: "Matthew J. Hughes" <mattjhughes at gmail.com>
>>> Subject: [cisco-voip] Call Forward ALL Keeps reverting to Orignal User
>>> To: "cisco-voip at puck-nether.net" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
>>>
>>> Hi I am trying desperately to get a work around for this.  If I set my
>>> phone
>>> to CFA to another extension and that extension is set to go to Voicemail,
>>> it will send call to MY voicemail instead of the CFA extension... Which
>>> inst
>>> bad that is the way it normally should work.. However   I have set up a
>>> Calling tree and want it to go to that extensions VM which has a call
>>> handler assigned to it.  What am I doing wrong here?  How can I
>>> CallFoward
>>> All to a call handler in Unity?  It always is going to my VM instead.
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/attachments/20080822/79c41c44/attachment-0001.html

Best Regards,

Mike Lydick