[cisco-voip] Modem & Faxes on FXS w/SCCP in CME

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Wed Aug 27 10:19:21 EDT 2008

Hi, all.

    I need to configure 4 FXS port on a 28XX router with CME4.X. All the
ports will have Faxes or Credit Card readers attached (modems)
    I can configure in the standard way, or I can configure them to use
SCCP and enable supplementary services and access to voicemail.

    I would like to know which of the two options is the best approach
for this. Does SCCP has any influence on fax or modem handling?
    Is there a preferred method?

    Best Regards,

Ariel