[cisco-voip] Dumb MoH question

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 09:01:12 EDT 2008

This document explains why you'd get ToH (Tone on Hold)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#q16

In short:

ToH - we tried to allocate a stream but for some reason couldn't either
because of misconfig or out of resources - play ToH instead

Silence - we allocated a stream successfully but for some reason the stream
isn't getting to the phone / GW

In order for the config to work, your MoH servers will either need to be in
a MRGL that the phone has access to, or be in the default MRGL(which means
they are not assigned to ANY MRGs). Then the region config needs to be
checked to make sure the MoH server can send audio to the remote device.
Then the IPVMSApp service parameters need to be checked to make sure the MoH
server is sending the right codecs. After that check locations BW.

After all of that you can check the audio source settings of the phone
pressing the hold button.