[cisco-voip] About DMA // Upgrade from 4.1 to 6.1

Adam cisco at adman.net
Sun Jul 6 15:28:26 EDT 2008

Best piece of advice I can offier is to allow plenty of time to run the DMA
tool and resolve any error or warnings before your planned cutover time.
I've had upgrades with no warnings and errors, then I've had upgrades that
had two days worth of TAC cases to get it all resolved before we got a good
DMA tar file.

On the Unity upgrades make sure that your Unity server is talking to the
nearest DC/GC (see the reconfiguration guide for details -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge060.html).
I had one  upgrade where it had attached to a server across the WAN so the
AD synch part that should have been a twenty or thirty minute deal ended up
taking five hours... not something you want to hit cancel on in the middle,
but it did mean we blew through our maintenance window.

-Adam