[cisco-voip] ATA 186/188

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 23:47:29 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I have a ATA 186, but currently only one channel works fine, I know that
only one channel works with g729 and since that I need completed the call
via WAN, G729 is use.  I've tried to configure both channels with G711 (I
read that both channels can work with G711 simultaneously)  the calls
between the same site works well and both channels works. But when I need to
call to remote-site only one extensions works well the other extension is
not working, my question is it possible configure ATA in order to use the
two channels when the calls are terminated in remote site (G729 is used with
remote sites)? maybe configure both channels as G711 and with transcoding ?
pls suggestion will be appreciated.

Rgds.

--
Omar E.P.T