[cisco-voip] Licensing for greenfield 4.1 to 6.1 upgrade

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Thu Jul 10 13:52:00 EDT 2008

I'm planning to upgrade from CM 4.1 to 6.1, on new servers, but I
*don't* want to import any of the old configuration. I want to configure
the new 6.1 cluster entirely from scratch, transfer the licensing to it,
then shut off the old 4.1 cluster.

>From any Cisco documentation I've found, it seems like the only way to
transfer the licensing requires doing a DMA import. Has anyone managed
to transfer the licensing to a "greenfield" install like I am proposing?

--
Mike Norton
I.T. Support