[cisco-voip] Licensing for greenfield 4.1 to 6.1 upgrade

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:05:06 EDT 2008

Do a DMA import to get the license files, save em off somewhere and then
reinstall your 6.1 from scratch for real? Would this work?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Norton, Mike <mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca>
wrote:

> I'm planning to upgrade from CM 4.1 to 6.1, on new servers, but I
> *don't* want to import any of the old configuration. I want to configure
> the new 6.1 cluster entirely from scratch, transfer the licensing to it,
> then shut off the old 4.1 cluster.
>
> >From any Cisco documentation I've found, it seems like the only way to
> transfer the licensing requires doing a DMA import. Has anyone managed
> to transfer the licensing to a "greenfield" install like I am proposing?
>
> --
> Mike Norton
> I.T. Support
> Peace Wapiti School Division No. 76
> Helpdesk: 780-831-3080
> Direct: 780-831-3076

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations