[cisco-voip] Attendant Console DialRules.xml file use

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:31:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a client who is AD integrated and the telephone numbers in AD
are in format xxx-yyy-zzzz and the users can't dial those numbers from
the directory in Attendant Console. Saids unknown format. I've tried
playing with DialRules.xml file and DirectoryLookup rule with a 3-4
different entries but can't get it to become just a 5 digit number.

I'm trying to take for example, 123-456-1234 to become just 51234

They also have some AD users that have ( and ) around the area code,
and international users with + on front and spaces in number.

It's going to be a bit before the numbers in AD are cleaned up, so was
hoping to handle this some way on the Call Manager or Attendant
Console side without doing a local directory file with correct
numbers. Is there a different field in AD that can be used for the
number Call Manager/AC uses?