[cisco-voip] Fwd: Best Practice H323 / CCM - BRI and Overlap Receiving Germany - Deutsche Telekom

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 09:32:00 EDT 2008

 Hi Guys,

I posted this on Netpro already, and I have a suggested work around.

But just for a different perspective...

There is a good doc that covers this setup - (if you are not using voice
translation profiles or rules)
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/isdn_overlap_prob.pdf

What effectively happens is the router collects 10 digits in one ISDN setup
message, then receives the last digit in a separate ISDN message.

The router looks at the last digit received in the setup and tries to route
on this... and fails with unallocated number.

Just a snippet below...

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^21234120$/ /1201/
 rule 2 /^21234\(....\)/ /\1/
 rule 3 reject //

int bri 0/0/0
 isdn overlap receiving t302 500

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 description *** in from pstn ***
 incoming called-number .
 translation-profile incoming from_pstn
 port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 voip
 description *** to CCM ***
 destination-pattern 12..

What I am really interested in is what my incoming called-number should be..
and how it interacts with the translation rule.
Is there a way to get it to collect all the digits and then apply the
translation...?

I am also assuming I may be able to remove the translation profile...
Move the outbound voip destination to 2T (full called number from PSTN
starts with 2)
Pass this straight to CCM, and do a translation rule on the CCM to take it
to the 4 digits extensions..

Cheers,

Tim