[cisco-voip] International Dialing and Calling Search Spaces

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:02:30 EDT 2008

I have a question, but it needs some setting up:

CCM 4.1.3(sr6) running one PUB and one SUB on my little network with 4
remote sites and one local.  Most Gateways are 2851's MGCP, with a few H323.
Each Remote Site is it's own Region and Location in the System with Calling
Search Spaces for Internal, Local, Long Distance and International calling.
Here is what we have set up that confuses me.  Under CSS are the relative
partitions you would expect for example LOC1 International CSS has
(LOC1_internal, LOC1_local, LOC1_LD, LOC1_INTL).

Here is where it gets fuzzy for me.  Under LOC1_INTL_CSS are also these
partitions (LOC2_INTL, LOC3_INTL, et al)
They are in descending order, as I would imagine. However today I discovered
that all of the International calls from LOC A are going out the FXO ports
in LOC B, which means when the boss saw the Calls on his report, he called
the wrong Plant Manager for the ass chewing.

Question:
If I remove all partitions from LOC1_INTL_CSS that point to LOC2_INTL,
LOC3_INTL etc.. the International calls will then be routed out the local
gateway only, is that correct? If each location has a X.011T Route Pattern
assigned to the local Gateway or Local Route Group.  In essence shutting off
Toll ByPass for the International Calls, but leaving it on for the long
distance calls.

Is that correct?

Kevin