[cisco-voip] PSTN E.164 call routing

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Tue Jul 15 15:07:26 EDT 2008

"Cleaner would be to ship a fully qualified number out and let the telco
figure it out."

I would think telco won't figure it out, but instead play back a message
about you need to not dial a area code or number is not valid, etc.

I agree overall more digits is better, you can also translate to less to
PSTN, etc.  I have a customer with this issue now a CRM box that
outdials everything based upon 10-digit which doesn't work for some
locals calls as we still have 7-digit dialing here....