[cisco-voip] PSTN E.164 call routing

Ryan O'Connell Roconnell at unislumin.com
Tue Jul 15 11:45:56 EDT 2008

Ok just so we are both on the same page here, this is what I'm trying to achieve. A caller in Calgary from his office dials home which is local to his office. Ordinarily he would dial 403-555-1234. Instead I would like to send to the service provider 1-403-555-1234 and have the call routed. When I do this the carrier instantly recognizes the 1 as an LD code and rejects the call. If I were to do the same scenario with a Mobile phone it would work either way I dial because of the roaming nature of a Mobile phone. I was looking to do this.

Now back to your point, are you suggesting that I prefix the same above example with the international prefix to trick the service provider into routing the call? For example if I dial the same number prefixed with the NA international code it would work? Ex 011-1-403-555-1234?

Thanks Ryan