[cisco-voip] HP Switches

Bill Simon bills at psu.edu
Fri Jul 18 08:00:29 EDT 2008

We use (have used but are phasing out) HP Procurve on the voice network.
  No problem.  But note:  we have a logically-separated voice network,
do not use the phone's PC port (thus no need for VLAN) and have had to
deal with power insertion because our HP switches are not powered.

CDP is not needed.  I don't understand what you mean about hard-code the
configuration.  DHCP provides the options the phone needs to contact
Call Manager.

I was watching the other thread about Adtran and some of the stuff
people said seems quite like FUD.  Cisco appreciates this scare-tactic
marketing but the truth is that you can use any LAN switch.  Using Cisco
gear will make your life easier though.