[cisco-voip] HP Switches

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:02:12 EDT 2008

I think HP switches have what they call an "auxilary vlan" that you can
configure on each port.
Going back a while, but you can use as a voice vlan.

As for the nice 3rd party pass the VLAN through DHCP.. I dont think the
Cisco phones support this either yet..

Problem is still telling your phone to use the voice vlan... LLDP-MED would
be the ultimate solution - should give the equivalent of Cisco on Cisco with
CDPv2... but I dont know if this is a reality yet.. might be worth asking
your local Cisco SE as I havent seen much written about it yet..

Cheers,

Tim.