[cisco-voip] E-164-ID causing routing problems in gatekeeper.

Bob bobsjunkmail at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 23 21:23:29 EDT 2008

The actual problem is caused in the gatekeeper. A user in a CME or a call
manager dials an on net call. I send the request to a gatekeeper via RAS. If
the dialed DN is 17727331, and there is a CME somewhere that has registered
to the gatekeeper and includes 7331 as a E164 ID, the gatekeeper matches the
last 4 digits of 17727331.

This results in the the call being sent to whatever CME (gateway) that
registered 7331 (which in this example is at the endpoint that registered
1299 as it's tech prefix), rather than the gateway that 1772 calls should be
sent to.  (gw ipaddr 10.47.18.120 1720  gw-type-prefix 1772* gw ipaddr)  I
guess I don't understand why the gatekeeper is matching based on the last
four digits of the dialed number.

Bob,

I understand what you are asking, although I do not have the answers to the
question you are asking I do have a solution to you problems.

I have in other implementations started with 10 digit DNs. The enables the
ability to have specific DNs for are the DID phones. Then to have the dial
plan you currently desire, you could do some digit manipulation.

For instance, if 7331 is dialed expand to 6077957331
If 13027331, translate 1302.... to 607795....

This is a cleaner install over all in my experience. You can even only
display the 4 last digits as far as the user is concerned.

Semper Fidelis,

Dustin Fowler
Senior Cisco Consultant

Email: dustin.s.fowler at
<https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip> gmail.com
"KEEPING YOUR BUSINESS HIGHLY AVAILABLE"