[cisco-voip] One way audio with H323, works fine with MGCP

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:42:57 EDT 2008

Have a odd issue here, that I need some ideas on...

Have an existing working MGCP gateway (2800 series) with 3 analog
lines (FXO), but need inbound Caller ID so changed over to H323 and
receiving caller ID works fine now but getting one way audio with the
H.323 setup on same interfaces used for MGCP.

The outside caller can here the person on IP Phone, but the user on IP
Phone side can't hear the outside caller. The IP Phone user can place
and receive calls in/out of the gateway fine so call setup and
teardown is working fine. Just seems like something with the audio
cutover is not working correctly.  The call flow between the gateway
and Call Manager is going over a VPN (Checkpoint box) and all H323
ports are open on the firewall I'm being told.

The IOS version is 12.4(15)T5 on the 2800, and I am not seeing any
routing issues (the IP's and binded interfaces for H323 are same as
for the previous working MGCP setup). The audio works fine when I
change it back to MGCP.

Now, only if we had caller id support for analog MGCP endpoints.