[cisco-voip] One way audio with H323, works fine with MGCP

Joe Cisco smetsysocsic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:57:57 EDT 2008

You answered my first question of is the h323 bound to an interface
that is reachable across the vpn, but it still sounds like a routing
issue. Do an extended ping from the voice gateway pinging a live
phone. In the extended ping, use the ip of the h323 bound address as
the source address of the ping.

If you don't know how to specify the source address in the ping,
here's an example:

ping ip
Target IP address:206.204.18.22
Repeat count [5]:
Datagram size [100]:
Timeout in seconds [2]:
Extended commands [n]: y
Source address or interface: 10.0.0.1
Type of service [0]:
Set DF bit in IP header? [no]:
Validate reply data? [no]:
Data pattern [0xABCD]:
Loose, Strict, Record, Timestamp, Verbose[none]:
Sweep range of sizes [n]:
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 206.204.18.22, timeout is 2 seconds:
Packet sent with a source address of 10.0.0.1
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 5/7/6 ms

-Joe C.