[cisco-voip] HP DL380 G5 servers

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:53:14 EDT 2008

you are right in the part number is discontinued, but that is the correct
part number.  ask your cisco partner to quote it.  we got ours from Ingram
(distrubution)  they had to buy the server and the HDs seperately but they
are still available.  you just can't get them through HP directly.

That was the part that really torqed me.  discontinued hardware.  But
because Cisco purchased so much and doesn't what to loose the profits, we
are stuck installing on old hardware.  it sounded like there must be a lot
of it, because they are not planning on a new hardware spec any time soon.

So now as of last week I have 5 new 7835 H2 servers.. <rant> (discontinued
hardware...... gggrrrrrrr) </rant>

Scott