[cisco-voip] HP DL380 G5 servers

Michael Back Michael.Back at nisd.net
Thu Jul 24 10:27:16 EDT 2008

I think we will be purchasing our replacement servers from HP.  I was
wondering if anyone has done this recently and could provide some
guidance for doing this.  We want the 7845 equivalent of the HP server.
Cisco has a document about the HP server solution that mentions a part
number, but that part number is no longer available.  Does anyone have a
new part number for a HP server that is approvid for Cisco stuff.  One
of the HP reps we deal with sent me a quote on a similar server, but it
was quad core instead of dual core.  Will that make a difference.  Also
if anyone has had any problems installing CallManager or Unity on a HP
server, I would like to know.  I tried talking to our Cisco SE about
this, but he seemed reluctant to help me out.  Thanks for your help.