[cisco-voip] Unity Connection upgrade

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:27:03 EDT 2008

Planning to upgrade Unity Connection at a regional campus from 1.2 to 2.x
next month, curious if anyone has run into any gotchas with it. The
documentation on doing a migration seemed to be kind of "lite" out on
cisco.com.

As part of the upgrade I also need to upgrade CM from 4.1.3 to 4.2.
Unfortunately I don't have the time to plan a full blown migration to
version 6, it will have to wait till next summer. I'd just wait and do it
all at once next summer, but they are going to need more mailbox licenses at
some point this year and UC 1.x is EoS already.

I'm aware that I can migrate user accounts and messages but not any call
handlers, distro lists, etc. and found the migration tool out on
CiscoUnityTools.com. What a pain :) My hardware appears to be supported for
this upgrade (7835H-H1 server).

Thanks!
--
Ed Leatherman