[cisco-voip] Q.931 disconnect problem

Josh Duffek joshd at tredent.com
Wed Jul 30 23:53:26 EDT 2008

Tseveen,

Here is a good page for decoding isdn disconnect cause codes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a
008012e95f.shtml

The first octet, 0x82, is:

82-the public network near the local user (the switch your device is
connected to)

And "e6 - recovery on timer expiry" means, something like, it was
expecting a response or whatever from us and it did not get that in the
specified amount of time(sh isdn timer if you want to see how they are
setup on yours)...so it send us a disconnect.  Maybe we have a bad route
for that particular number or something...not sure.

Like Michael is saying, if you post the whole "debug isdn q931", and
"debug isdn event" might be helpful...we can probably tell you what is
actually going on with the call.  "sh isdn active", and "sh isdn
service" for PRIs are good to have as well.

joshd @

Tredent.com