[cisco-voip] Path Replacement - H323 Gateway with QSIG

William Roy William.Roy at l7.com.au
Thu Jul 31 08:54:22 EDT 2008

 We have a scenario whereby we have a NEC PABX connected to an ISR gateway via an E1 with QSIG. I have the ISR defined in CUCM 6.1.2 as a H323 gateway with the QSIG tunnel option and path replacement ticked and in service parameters we have enabled path replacement. We would like calls on the ISR/E1 to drop out of the call when a call is transferred between NEC phones via a Cisco IP phone.  Is  there any special commands required on the ISR to make it work? I have seen some references,  that NEC PABX require a license for path replacement and then have it enabled on NEC side. The NEC is outside of my control and I have been unable to check if path replacement is enabled. Is the described scenario above valid?

regards,
Wil