[cisco-voip] SCCP controlled FXS ports

Jack Martin jackm at tushaus.com
Tue Jun 3 10:57:55 EDT 2008

I ran into an issue on CME 4.2 running IOS 12.4(11)XW2 where stcapp controlled FXS ports with a fax attached was failing.

Shut/no shut on the port brings it back up temporarily.  I engaged TAC and the engineer stated that they are seeing this on gateways running the XW series IOS where either a fax or modem is using the FXS port and the solution was to remove the Skinny control.

Have any of you Cisco guys seen this as well, and if so has the bug been published?

Jack Martin, CCVP
Network Engineer
Tushaus Computer Services
10400 Innovation Drive, Ste 100