[cisco-voip] SCCP controlled FXS ports

Andrew Riley andrew.riley at getronics.com
Wed Jun 4 09:44:43 EDT 2008

We have seen this also..

Rule of thumb
1) Fax and Modems = MGCP
2) Analogue phones with supp services = SCCP

While not officially documented you can run MGCP and SCCP on the same FXS
card one port to each protocol and it works. Same goes for VG224.

On 4/06/08 12:57 AM, "Jack Martin" <jackm at tushaus.com> wrote:

> I ran into an issue on CME 4.2 running IOS 12.4(11)XW2 where stcapp controlled
> FXS ports with a fax attached was failing.
>
> Shut/no shut on the port brings it back up temporarily.  I engaged TAC and the
> engineer stated that they are seeing this on gateways running the XW series
> IOS where either a fax or modem is using the FXS port and the solution was to
> remove the Skinny control.
>
> Have any of you Cisco guys seen this as well, and if so has the bug been
> published?
>

> Jack Martin, CCVP
> Network Engineer
> Tushaus Computer Services
> 10400 Innovation Drive, Ste 100
> Milwaukee, WI 53226
> 414.908.2222 Helpdesk
> 414.908.2267 Work
> 414.908.4467 Fax

Andrew Riley
Technical Consultant - Communication Services
CCIE # 18285 Voice

Getronics Australia Pty Limited
Getronics combines the service capabilities of the original Dutch company
with those of Wang Global, acquired in 1999, and of the Olivetti systems and
services division. We are ranked second worldwide in network and desktop
outsourcing and fourth in network consulting and integration (Source: IDC
2002-2003).

2 Minna Close
Belrose NSW 2085
Australia
Tel:       +61 2 9847 7309
Fax:      +61 2 9847 7378
Mobile:  +61 402 894 793
Email:    andrew.riley at getronics.com
Communication Services | Security Services | Application Services |
Workspace Management Services | Technology Transformation Services

Please note that whilst we take all care, neither Getronics nor the sender
accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan
for viruses. The contents are intended only for use by the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material and any use by other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
inform the sender and/or addressee immediately and delete the material.