[cisco-voip] unable to creating unity subscriber for AD admins

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu Jun 5 10:26:35 EDT 2008

The Unity service accounts need permissions to access each account you
are trying to import. Since, as you note, your domain admins won't
inherit permissions by default, you need to either add the required
permission manually, on each account (a pain), or, update the
permissions on the AdminSDHolder object. That, basically, is where you
can set permissions that all of your domain admins that aren't
inheriting will pick up anyways.

Long story short, the permission wizard will do this for you if you
check the box 'Allow Active Directory Administrator and Operator
Accounts to have voice mail'. See:

http://ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW501/PWHelpPermissionsSet_ENU.htm#ExchangeAdminSDHolder