[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1 and SIP

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jun 5 12:25:55 EDT 2008

That's correct.  CCM will allocate an MTP if the capabilities advertised by
the SIP device do not match what the phone can do.  Any device not in an MRG
can still be used by any device in the system.  Think of it like the <None>
partition, there is a <None> MRG that any device can use, and any media
resource not in another MRG is in the <None> MRG.

-Ryan