[cisco-voip] Unity 5.0 upgrade issues

Barron, Stephen M. SBarron at stinson.com
Fri Jun 6 11:22:01 EDT 2008

We currently run 4.04 on windows 2000/exchange 2003 unified messaging.
I ran a dirt backup on the secondary server.  Next I installed windows
2003, SQL 2000sp4, exchange 2003.  I installed 4.0(4) and ran the dirt
restore.  Everything works fine for 4.0(4).  I run the schema extension
on the domain schema member

No issues so far.

Now here is the issue
I run the setup of unity 5.0 and receive the following error:

"The name of this server was changed using a method that is no longer
supported because of problems with SQL Server 2000.  (For more
information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 281642).  Before
you can continue with the Cisco unity upgrade, you must rename the
server again again using the currently supported procedure, which
appears in the :Renaming a Cisco Unity Server ir Moving a Cisco Unity
Server to another domain" Chapter

I never changed the hostname, SQL server name, or domain.  does anyone
know of a workaround for this?

Stephen Barron
Network Engineer

This communication is from a law firm and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please contact the sender for instructions concerning return or destruction, and do not use or disclose the contents to others.