[cisco-voip] HP OEM servers instead of MCS

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:52:30 EDT 2008

Has the HP sales people you folks work with been good with making sure you
get exactly the right part numbers and following through with the order to
make sure everything is compatible? We don't have an HP contract so i've
never worked with them. With our IBM rep i sent the exact part numbers from
the compatibility list and the guy came back and told me they didnt sell
that hardware anymore, but seemed willing to try to sell me some servers
that were not exactly right "but they would run faster anyway". Never mind
the actual lack of any kind of support from Cisco for them.

I need to replace 4 7845's coming up this fiscal year... gonna look at
ordering direct from HP this time.

--
Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer