[cisco-voip] 7971 Softkey Template - Shared Lines

Corder, Rebecca J rjcorder at bechtel.com
Fri Jun 13 09:09:34 EDT 2008

Anyone heard or seen this scenario?

I have a few receptionists that have a 7971 model phone. ON this phone
they
houses a side car and that has 10 lines distributed from the phone to
the  side car.
These lines she covers for upper exec level personnel.

THE ISSUE - She places a call on an executives line to an outside
number, from the line on
her phone. After the call was connected she had no hold button available
for her to put
the call on hold so the executive in his office, on his phone, could
pick up and resume
the call. This has happened many times with not just the hold feature
being available but
ALL FEATURES but end call available. This also happens on other
executives lines and not
just this one - they all have a 7971. I just used this one as an
example.

WHAT THEY SEE ON THE SCREEN:
It has a Redial, New Call, and CFwdALL - they are not even on a call.
These features are for when
you are on hook. So it almost looks like you are not even using the
shared line and dont
receive the features for being off hook and connected

The executives phone is also a 7971 with only his line on the phone.
This number is being
shared by 4 other phones also and each other phone has this same issue
from time to time.
Is there some kind of limitation to how many shared lines that could be
causing this? How
can we make her shared line call out as if it was a normal phone with
these options??

The device load on both of these phones is SCCP70.8-0-4SR3S and it is
the standard 7971
sccp phone template.

Our softkey template has the HOLD and transfer feature in our CONNECTED
call state.

There are alot of line sharing also between several people here. I can
provide how they
are setup and who shares what lines if needed. Please let me know what
else I need to do.

CM Version is 4.1(3)sr5d