[cisco-voip] linksys switches with cisco ip phones !!!

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Mon Jun 16 08:34:40 EDT 2008

That is, if you want to do it with VLANs. If you have too much phones,
you don't want to preconfigure manually, maybe you could leave data and
voice on the same VLAN. It's really not a  "Cisco  recommended method",
but then again neither are Linksys switches :)

As far as I know, with default settings and no VLANs both PCs and phones
should work on the same LAN. Of course it will get you other kinds of
trouble (like you either need to have everyting in the same IP class, or
manually assign MAC adresses in DHCP, etc..) but you can weigh your options.

Maybe this is a moot point, but remember, that you need at least 79x1
phones, since older models don't support 802.3af PoE delivered by the
Linksys switch.

regards,
  Zoltan