[cisco-voip] 7921 reboots when second incoming call goes to voicemail

Brian bms314 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:28:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've been experiencing a strange problem with 7921 phones and am wondering
if anyone has seen these symptoms before.  We are running CUCM version
6.1.1(a) and firmware 1.1.1 on the 7921 wireless phones.  When a 7921 user
is on the phone and a second call comes in and goes to voicemail, the user
hears 2 - 3 seconds of dead air at that moment and then the phone reboots.
We are able to replicate this consistently.  From the event logs in RTMT, I
only see the device unregisters with Reason Code 12.

>From a wireless perspective, we are using 4402 controllers with version
4.2.112, but it seems unlikely that the controller would send a reboot to
the phone.

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Thanks,
Brian