[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility and AD users

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Mon Jun 16 18:53:04 EDT 2008

So I've just gotten the Extension Mobility service up and running and
have to say, I do like it, even if it will take some getting used to.
The biggest problem I have right now is users in AD with really long
names (some hyphenated too).  Logging into the network with a keyboard
is straightforward and simple.   Logging into the phone with a 22
character username is sheer hell.  Is there a way that I can shorten
these names strictly for Extension Mobility without killing AD?
Obviously these people are going to want to get into their ccmuser
homepage so I need to make sure that part works as well.

How do most people deal with this?

Thanks,

JonM

Disclaimer: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated
addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in
error and that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is
message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.