[cisco-voip] Fwd: CUPS 6.0 and UCCM 6.1

Voice Noob voicenoob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:10:08 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Voice Noob <voicenoob at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CUPS 6.0 and UCCM 6.1
To: Bill Talley <billt at aos5.com>
Cc: Justin Steinberg <jsteinberg at gmail.com>, cisco-voip at puck.nether.net,
"Matt Slaga (US)" <Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com>, Motivator77 at gmx.de

So does anyone have any input on using the CUPC client with outlook? The
"integration" is not very impressive so far in comparison to the OCS client.
I can not see presence information from within outlook and I can not dial
from the global address list. When I am in outlook and I click on the place
call icon it asks me for a phone number. Shouldn't it read this information
from the directory? I have all of that information in the directory. If I
save the user as a local contact it will dial correctly without asking me
for a phone number. I can't see having to save every user from the GAL as a
local contact. What if the information changes? It will not get updated
locally.

Also is there a way to get the client to use the user name and password of
the currently signed on user instead of having to input it? I know I can
save the password but if the user changes the password they will need to log
back in. What about getting the program to always run in the system tray. So
that if a user clicks the X in the top right hand corner it does not close
the program but sends it to the system tray.

Is anyone else using this in a production environment?